200g of Dessicated Coconut.
Few drops of pink food colouring (optional).
Large pan & wooden spoon.
Baking Tray (I use approx. 12"x7")
- Grease your baking tray with a little butter. In a large pan mix the milk & sugar together over a low heat.
- When the sugar have dissolved and there's no more granules, add the coconut & a few drops of pink colouring (optional) to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to the boil until it start to "spit at you," stirring continuously. Continue to stir for around 10 minutes.
- After around 10 minutes the mixture will have become very thick & sticky. "When you can spoon a small amount into cold water & it remains set together, you know it's ready."
- Spoon the delicious mixture to your pre-greased tin, spreading evenly with the back of your spoon. Allow to cool & set, which will take at least a few hours.
- Cut into bars of squares & try not to eat the whole lot in one sitting!!
This recipe in an entry for Chums Family Favourites competition.